Make your own sauce so you know what goes in there.
- 3 spring onions
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 ripe round tomatoes or 480 g of tomato pulp into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar, or a splash of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- Wash the tomatoes , blanch them for a few minutes in boiling salted water.
- Remove the skin and chop them and remove the seeds.
- Wash parsley, spring onions and chop them with the peeled garlic.
- In a frying pan put 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the garlic, green onion and parsley on low heat, then add the tomatoes and stir.
- Add salt and pepper and hot water and close with a lid and bring to boil, then reduce to a low heat and cook for 30-40 mins.
Author’s note: It turns out great. Don’t expect the store bought taste as this is all home cooking, and it is exactly the reason why don’t I want to buy store bought ready made sauces. It got me wonder what do they put in there that makes it taste so different as oppose to when I cook them from scratch with all the real food healthy ingredients.
I’ve only tried cooking this recipe once, I’m wondering if I should save some green onion and parsley to put in at a later time? I’ll try that next time and come back to update.