1 lb medium shrimp (41 to 50 or 51 to 60 per lb.) , ideally with shells
1/2 – 1 lb mixed seafoods (squids, mussells, clams, or any other similiar combinations)
1 chopped white onion
2-3 stalks chopped celery
1 zucchini, sliced
1 lb. fresh or thawed frozen okra, sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 4 cups)
2 chopped green bell pepper
1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1 sprigs thyme
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
1/2 tbs Paprika
1 Chicken bouillon cube or abt 1/2 qt / 16 Fl oz chicken broth
1) De-shell shrimps, keep the shells (if it comes with heads, keep them all)
2) brown the chicken, set aside.
3) brown the shrimps shell, put them in a cheeseclothes, or the lazy way and less fancy way, just put them aside but there will be shells in the gumbo later.
4) deep fry the okra (u can skip the deep frying if you dont like the idea of deep frying, it wouldnt make big differences)
5) slightly the onion, celery and green peppers till they start to soften (and okra too if u choose not to deep fry them).
6) stire in crushed tomato, chicken, shrimps shells (in or not in cheese clothes), bay leaves, thyme and paprika. Disolve chicken bouillon cube in hot water, add the mixture or add chicken broth, bring to boil. Simmer in low to medium heat for 40 mins.
7) add shrimps, seafood and green onions and boil in higher heat for 5 mins.