- 1.5 lb beef flank steak, sliced
- 1 lb live clams
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pack of soft tofu
- 2 tbsp korean soy bean paste
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tomatoes
- green onion, chopped, garnish
- sesame seeds, garnish
- slice zucchinis, onion, set aside
- chop & blend tomatoes in the blender, set aside
- chop green onion，slice beef, set aside
- grease the frying pan, add chilli powder,
- brown beef & onion along with the chilli powder.
- add soy bean paste, zucchini, the blended tomatoes ( in a liquid form already ) tofu (u don’t need to break it)
- add water till cover
- taste & adjust soy bean paste as u go, season with salt
- bring to boil and cook till zucchini is soften, about 15 mins.
- add clams in the last 5 mins, make sure they open before serve
- add raw egg, sprinkle sesame seeds and green onion
⭐️ go easy on the chilli powder and soy bean paste as you start, you can always taste the soup after the beef is cooked and add more soy bean paste / chilli
⭐️ if u bought live clams and plan to cook another day, cook the clams in a pot till they open without any oil or seasoning and keep the clam juice and keep in the fridge.
⭐️ u don’t need to break the tofu as u boil the soup, it will break nicely at the end when u stir. breaking tofu too soon will make it too crumbly.
⭐️ if ur concerned about raw eggs, just skip it entirely.
⭐️ I actually used 1 zucchini and 1 Asian hairy melon here. but it really doesn’t matter and you can just substitute using zucchini.