Serving : 3 -4 pax
- Chicken Thigh x 2 lbs
- Soy Sauce x 1/4 cup
- Dark Soy Sauce x 1 tbsp
- Sake or Rice Wine x 1/8 cup
- Kiwi Fruit x 1-1/2
- Green Onion x 3
- Ginger x 10 slices or juice the ginger.
- Garlic x 5 cloves
- Onion x 1/2
- Carrot x 1
- Blend kiwi fruit. Peel ginger and slice them or juice them. It’s better if you can grind them and get the juice out from the ginger, it’s ok too if you just want to slice them since grinding is a bit of work. Peel garlic and pound on them. Chop green onion into about 3 inches long session.
- Put soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sake, kiwi fruit juice, ginger, garlic, green onion into a tiny sauce pan and cook them in low heat for about 10 mins. Taste the sauce. It might taste a little sour or a little different from the normal teriyaki at this stage, it will come out ok later with the chicken. Try adjust the taste here regardless. If the taste of soy sauce is too strong, add more ginger and green onion.
- Peel and chop carrots and cut onion in large chunks.
- Prep the chicken, trim the fat and stab some holes in the chicken. Brown chicken.
- Add carrots, onion and pour the teriyaki sauce in with chicken and simmer in low heat for 20 mins or as soon as chickens are thoroughly cooked.