- shrimps x 18 pcs, 8 oz
- heavy cream x 1/4cup
- tomato x 1, chopped
- shallot x 1, chopped
- white wine x 3/4 cup
- tomato paste x 1 tbsp
- fresh parsley x 1/4 cup chopped
- parmesan cheese x 1/4 cup
- whole wheat penne pasta x 1 cup
- boil pot of water, add pasta and cook for 10 mins or as the package instructs. drain and set aside.
- devein and peel shrimps.
- chop tomato and shallot.
- cook tomato and shallot in white wine for 5 mins, add shrimps and salt in the mixture.
- after the shrimps are cooked, add tomato paste, cream and, parmesan cheese and parsley in the mixture.
- taste the mixture and adjust portion of cream, cheese, salt, parsley and tomato paste according to your own taste.
- pour mixture on cooked pasta.
I have totally skipped the fresh tomato when I realized the safeway check out lady did not bag my tomato after I’m already home. I added half chopped avocados along with the parsley after the shrimps are cooked in the pasta to add veggies in the dish. It tastes great still.