This fried rice is my go to when I am feeling lazy to cook and when I already have some left over brown rice in the fridge. You only have to put everything together and you get your fiber, protein, omega 3 and whole grains all in one bowl. There is almost 0 skill needed. It is easy, healthy and delicious the same time !
- Salmon Fillet x 1
- Cooked Brown Rice x 1 cup
- Spinach x 3 cups
- Green Onion x 4 stalks
- Egg x 1
- Salt and pepper
- White pepper x 1 tsp
- Garlic powder
- Lime Juice x 1 teaspoon
- Grease pot with olive oil, I just simply put the frozen salmon fillet in and let it cook on medium heat. The best part of this recipe is you flake the fish in the end so you don’t even have to be careful with the fillet when you cook it.
- While the salmon is about 80% cooked (when it still has some translucent spots but mostly turned solid pink) , season with salt, pepper, white pepper and lime juice. Add brown rice and stir for a minute.
- Make room in the pot for your egg crack your egg in the “well” or the empty spot. Let your egg cook separated from the salmon and fried rice. The reason is so that you can taste your egg in small chunks instead having egg coated rice. Once the egg solidified, mix with salmon fried rice, add spinach and green onion. Add 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Fried rice is ready once the spinach is cooked.